Criteria for a good article
How do you write a good article or note?
Try following these four simple steps:
- Start by looking for an idea or theme. If you like, use the section "Article Topics from Editors.
- Gather material on the topic - facts, figures, people's opinions, illustrations, etc.
- Make an outline of the article. For example:
- Fact 1.
- Example 1.
- Example 2.
- Fact 2.
Read the resulting text aloud to check the cohesion between paragraphs and identify long and unvoiced sentences. Make sure your article is accurate, concise, and clear. Make final changes, insert links to illustrations, and send the article to the editors.
And finally, 10 classic tips for the journalist:
- One thought, one sentence.
- Write in short sentences.
- Use verbs in the same tense.
- Avoid unnecessary detail.
- Use the terms only when necessary.
- Quote a vivid statement.
- Answer possible readers' questions in the article.
- Confirm all the facts you use.