In this subsection, we will give recommendations to help you secure your cryptocurrency assets - tokens and NFTs. Cryptocurrency is based on the principle of decentralization, and each user manages his own assets. Accordingly, the responsibility for the preservation of these assets lies with the user himself.
**Consider:**any transaction that has been made from your wallet is irreversible, and no technical support can return your funds if they have already been sent and the transaction is signed.
Security of a cryptocurrency wallet
Let's take a look at the basic security measures that can help you preserve and protect your cryptocurrency assets in your cryptocurrency wallet.
- When registering a wallet for cryptocurrency, you will be generated a special secret recovery phrase (mnemonic phrase or Seed-phrase), which consists of 12 or more words. This phrase serves to restore access to the wallet in case it is deleted from the device or transferred to another device. Without this phrase it is impossible to restore access to the wallet! This phrase should be stored in a secure place - for example, in a special password manager, which will be protected by a strong password or written on a piece of paper. If you have lost access to your phrase or it somehow fell into the hands of third parties - immediately create a new wallet and transfer all the assets to it, and forget about the old wallet. The administration of the project "Golden Clone" will never, under no circumstances will not ask you a mnemonic phrase, and if you received a letter of this nature - it's cheaters! ** Never tell anyone your secret recovery phrase.
- Every blockchain transaction is signed with a special private key. This key is generated when creating a wallet and is known only to its owner. The key for signing transactions must also not be disclosed to third parties under any pretext, otherwise your wallet can perform operations that you did not want to make. If your private key got into the public domain - immediately create a new wallet and transfer all the assets to it, and forget about the old wallet. The administration of the project "Golden Clone" will never, under no circumstances will not ask you for your private key, and if you received a letter of this nature - it's cheaters! **Never give out your private key to anyone.
- If you use the wallet as an extension in the browser - create a very secure password. Preferably it has nothing to do with your name and date of birth. It is also recommended that you periodically change this password to a new one.
- Download all applications from reliable sources only!
- Beware of scammers. Often they may try to act on behalf of technical support or administration. They can send letters by mail or on social networks in order to get hold of your confidential data. They can also send notifications that you have won some money in airdrop or some action and such letters will contain phishing links, clicking on which the user can lose their assets or confidential data.